Whether you are looking for some fun and educational materials for your classroom or even your own family, you are sure to find a wealth of activities on this page. These activities are great for teaching the wonders of the history of Rome, while enjoying the learning experience.
- Annals of Rome
- Rome-Curse of the Necklace
- Rome-Total War
- Cradle of Rome
- Travelogue 360
- Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome 1.02
|10 Fun facts to baffle your teacher:|
|1. Roman carrots were white!
2. Crocodile fecal matter was used for eye make-up by the richest ladies.
3. During battles, Julius Caesar’s slingers would bet on which eye in which they could hit the enemy Gauls.
4. Urine was collected on street corners to wash clothes
5. The best artillery bow strings were made from women’s hair
6. The month of July is named after Julius Caesar
7. If the Emperor put his thumb up at a Gladiator fight it meant kill the loser.
8. When it was fashionable to be blonde, wealthy Roman women would shave their German slave girls’ heads bald to make wigs.
9. Roman’s didn’t have weekends, but had so many different gods, each with days off for their festivals, that it didn’t really matter.
10. Elephants were once taught to tightrope walk in the Coliseum!
- Across the Board Merels Game (similar to Othello)
- Dress the Roman Soldier game and Roman Interactive Timeline (from the Birmingham Museum for Kids site)
- Kids Past.com Online History Games
- The Roman Mysteries Online Game – Can you unlock the final mystery?
- Roman Coin Code– crack the code!
- Roman Design
- Heroes of Trafalgar
- Emperor of Rome– role playing game at PBS.org
- What does not belong on the Roman Streets Game
- Fling the Teacher
- Interactive Fun Roman Games
- CDX-Interactive Video
- Death in Rome-interactive Mystery
- Famous Roman Structures-Matching Game
- Roman Coliseum Jigsaw Puzzle
- Rome Puzzle-interactive game
- Build the Coliseum Puzzle II
- Centurion of Rome
- Rome-Caesar’s Will
- Roman Baths-interactive maze style game for younger children
- Play Roman Town – One of the most popular Online Games to learn about Ancient Rome while having fun!
- BBC’s Roman Activities (7 printable activities and addl. info for parents, teachers and students!)
- Make A Centurion Helmet Craft (pdf format)
- Make A Roman Signa Craft (pdf)
- Make your own Roman Bulla (pdf)
- Roman Timeline Printable (pdf format)
- Cut out and Dress the Roman Soldier (pdf format)
- Roman Bugle Calls
- Sacred Spiral Kids-Rome coloring book, memory game, and word search
- Roman Sudoku-Sudoku games played with Roman numerals.
- Roman Mathematica Activity (using Roman Numerals) pdf
Additional Online Fun
- The Roman Mysteries (the homepage for the exciting children’s book series based in Rome!)
- Send a Roman E-Postcard to a friend!
- Ancient Roman Jokes
- Make A Roman Mosaic
- Kidipede-Ancient Rome
- Virtual Tour of Ancient Rome
- Roman Numeral Converter
- The Roman Calendar-Match each month to its origin
- The Roman Soldier-Fill in the blank game about the Roman soldier’s uniform
- Roman Coins-learn what each coin was worth
- Online Roman Quiz
- Live View Camera Click -very cool live camera shots you control!
- Roman Board Games
- Archaeological Finds About Roman Board Games